Last Updated: June 17, 2018
The Site and the Services are intended for adult audiences only, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, please do not provide any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Collection of Information
- We collect the Personal Information you give us when you register with the Site or use the Services, including name, address, credit card or bank information, and other Personal Information requested as part of your use of the Site or the Services, or the information you choose to give us when you use the Services.
- We automatically collect certain kinds of non-personal information from you when you use the Site or the Services, including, but not limited to, device, browser type, operating system, CPU speed, referring or exit webpages, click patterns, Session ID, and your computer’s IP address.
- We may on occasion supplement or correct the Personal Information you submit to us and your IP address with information in our other databases or information from third-party sources in order to reduce errors in our database, authenticate our users, prevent fraud and prevent abuse of our Site, as well as to provide more consistent, relevant experiences to our users.
- We may collect general information about use of the Site and the Services, such as what pages visitors access, the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and other similar factors. This information is generally collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually, although IP addresses and Session ID in relation to downloads may be tracked as part of our fraud prevention efforts.
Some Services may contain functionality that can enable us to access your location and tailor your experience based on your location (“Location-based Services”). To use Location-based Services, you must enable certain features of your mobile device (e.g., GPS, WiFi, or Bluetooth) to allow us to identify your location. To the extent your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors, such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party that may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to us. You agree to such access by such third parties. You may enable or disable such Location-based Services at any time via a menu within the Apps. If you choose to disable any Location-based Services on your device and/or opt out of any Location-based Services through the menu, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Services. By enabling Location-based Services on your device, you agree and acknowledge that (i) device data we collect from you is directly relevant to your use of the Services, (ii) we may provide Location-based Services related to and based on your then-current location, and (iii) we may use any such information collected in connection with the provision of Location-based Services in providing the Services. PLEASE NOTE THAT LOCATION DATA MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ACCURATE, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO LOCATION-BASED SERVICES.
How Your Information is Used
Except as provided herein, we collect and use your personal and non-personal information for internal purposes only or for gather aggregate and anonymized data. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To conduct routine business operations such as billing, identification, authentication, contact purposes and general research. As part of our routine business operations, we may transfer your Personal Information to certain third parties with whom we contract for the limited purpose of providing services such as web hosting, email, and credit card processing. These service providers are obligated to protect your information, and they do not use your Personal Information for their own commercial purposes.
- To employ internal marketing techniques such as tracking customer preferences to provide a customized Site experience and communicating with you about Services, special offers, and other services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient.
- To deliver and enhance the Services.
- To gather generic product, location and other contributed information to make reports based on aggregate anonymized data, which we may use internally, or which we may sell to others.
- To comply with court and governmental orders.
- To connect to other users for job details or social connections.
- To augment our services or the Company’s value through partnering with other companies.
- To create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers.
- To add information gathered from public websites to your profile.
- To provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties.
- To allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account.
- To allow you to import information about yourself or your contacts from other sites or applications or to export your information to other sites or applications.
- To make purchases.
- To contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates.
- To provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice.
- To inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliates.
- To enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you.
- To conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof.
- To help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile and connect with you.
- To provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers.
- To display targeted messages from employers based on the content of your resume or profile.
- To provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process.
- To provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles.
- To generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications.
- To allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections.
- To give search engines access to public information.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- To make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Mrs.” we will assume you are female.
In order to improve the Services and provide more convenient, relevant experiences to our customers, we and our agents may use “cookies,” “web beacons,” and similar devices to track your activities. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card and enables us to record your passwords and preferences. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. A web beacon is a small transparent .gif image that is embedded in an HTML page or email used to track when the page or email has been viewed. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, and most services that include similar devices are typically initially activated to collect data. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. We do not support browsers’ Do Not Track features. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your browser.
Protecting Your Information
We use a variety of security measures, including SSL, encryption, and authentication tools, to help protect your information.
We do not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes. When we no longer need your Personal Information, we dispose of it safely.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- We will not share your Personal Information with third parties without your express consent, except in the limited circumstances described below:
- We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers for the limited purposes described in the section entitled “How Your Information is Used.”
- We will share your Personal Information when required by law, regulation, or litigation, and as necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
- If we sell assets or are acquired by or merged with another entity, we may provide such entity customer information without obtaining your further consent. We may provide notice of such asset sales, acquisitions, or mergers on the Site.
- If at any time you are uncomfortable with our use of your Personal Information for internal marketing purposes and for the purpose of creating aggregate reports, you may opt-out by email as described in “Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences.” Note that if you opt not to provide us with certain mandatory information, then our Products and services may be unavailable to you.
- You may similarly opt out of receiving communications from us, although we may find it necessary to continue to communicate with you regarding your use of the Services
Opting-Out or Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
You have the right to access, correct and delete inaccuracies in your Personal Information and privacy preferences on the Services at any time by signing into your account and editing your Personal Information in your account profile. You may also do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If at any time you wish to opt-out of our use of your information for internal marketing purposes or for compiling aggregate risk reports, you may do so by sending a written notice to: 796 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29403.
Also, please note that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites or integrated products to which the Site or the Services may link. You should review the privacy policies of such sites before using the associated sites.
The Services are intended for users in the United States and those not governed by privacy policies of other countries. Users outside the United States are advised not to disclose Personal Information to us.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.