50 Questions to Ask Your Patients This Week (Not All 50 Qs to the SAME Patient, Of Course)
This week’s blog is pure inspiration for one of the – if not THE – most important (and most FUN!) parts of your job, RDHs – how you spark conversation with your patients and their family members. (In those moments when they’re not in the middle of a procedure, of course, and they can talk easily)
Because the conversations that dental pros have with their patients are really special opportunities to connect and get to know each other, so that patients (and their family members) feel safe, comfortable, and well taken care of during a potential nerve-wracking experience.
So, we’re dropping 50 quirky, fun, conversation-worthy questions to kick off convos – or keep the convo moving forward! – with patients of any age.
- Favorite family vacation spot?
- Favorite family meal?
- Favorite weekend activity?
- What’s your favorite hidden gem in Charlotte?
- Favorite family memory?
- Who’s your first phone call when you get good news?
- Who’s an unsung hero in your life?
- Who’d you look up to when you were a kid? (Or if you ARE still a kid – who’s your favorite musician, athlete or thinker?)
- If you could throw anyone a high five this week, who would that be?
- If you could have FIVE people at a dinner party, who would you choose?
- What are FIVE things you love about your family, your partner, your go-to co-worker or your BFF? (Now, go tell them!)
- Fruits or veggies?
- Favorite go-to snacking veggie?
- Favorite veggie side dish – and from where?
- Favorite Charlotte restaurant?
- Least favorite veggie?
- Are your fruit and veggie favorites the same or different from when you were a kid?
- What veggie did you absolutely refuse to eat as a kid?
- What’s your favorite thing to do in summer?
- Where’s your favorite place to travel to and see in the summer?
- What’s your favorite flower?
- Hot coffee or iced coffee?
- What’s your favorite iced coffee drink?
- What’s your go-to way to get in a good workout or sweat?
- Any go-to studios, gyms, or favorite instructors (In-person or virtually?)
- Run, jog, or walk?
- Do you use a step tracker? Do you like it?
- How do you like to relieve stress?
- Have you ever tried meditation?
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What’s the biggest and most important lesson you learned in 2020?
- What’s been a special lesson you’ve learned about yourself or your fam?
- Where’s your favorite place in the world?
- What was your most memorable vacation – as a kid or as an adult?
- Where’s a place you’d love to travel to?
- It might be a bold question, but have you booked any future trips?
- If you were on the Amazing Race, who would you pick as a travel buddy?
- If you were on the Amazing Race, where in the world would you want to go?
- Favorite television show right now?
- Favorite movie?
- Go-to Netflix or Prime recommendation?
- What do you do for work?
- Are you still working from home, or are you spending some time in the office at all? Are you back to traveling?
- How’d you get started doing what you do now?
- What’s the best part of your job?
- Best career advice you’d give someone starting out?
- Favorite toothpaste flavor?
- Do you remember losing your first tooth? How’d it happen?
- What did the tooth fairy bring you when you were a kid? (Or, if you ARE a kid, what did the tooth fairy bring you last time you lost a tooth?)
Read more fun facts, expert advice, and dental industry news on the Biteline blog.
And don’t forget to share with your dental friends!